Limited Warranty/Terms & Conditions
FRONTIER ENGINEERING LLC (DBA Frontier RF) LIMITED WARRANTY 2018
Limited warranty coverage:
Only defects of materials, parts or workmanship that has been provided under the Limited Warranty by FE will be covered.
Unless express approval is granted by Frontier Engineering LLC, all Limited Warranty coverage is for 3 months within CONUS or 30 days for international repairs
Unless express approval is granted by Frontier Engineering LLC, all Limited Warranty coverage is for 95 days within CONUS or 30 days for international sales.
• If the unit is non-repairable a replacement or core exchange may be offered, depending upon unit availability and at the discretion of FE.
• No monetary refund is offered with this limited warranty. IF FE does decide to offer a refund on a purchased unit, FE does so at its own discretion – a re-stocking fee of 20% of the invoice amount will be payable.
• FE offers no other warranty, guarantee or liability other than that stated.
• FE no longer offers refunds for Match Units.
This Limited Warranty contract is between you, the customer and Frontier Engineering LLC only and is not transferable. If the unit is sold, placed on consignment, or given out on loan to another party, the Limited Warranty is immediately VOID.
• FE does not agree to repair or replace any damage that has occurred through misuse, abuse, acts of God (e.g. flood/lightning strikes etc.), and water damage of any kind or goods damaged during shipping. Consequential and incidental damages are not recoverable under this warranty, including expenses or liabilities associated with repairs made outside our facility or damage to any associated equipment.
• We will not provide warranty coverage for non-standard parts replaced into units by other repair facilities.
If the FE anti-tamper stickers have been removed, replaced, or damaged the warranty is void.
Some states do not allow the exclusion of limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
Extended Limited Warranty
An extended warranty can be offered for a modest charge but is dependent upon previous service history. Contact email@example.com for a quote.
A detailed description of the fault must accompany the unit. Units will not be examined and will be considered No Fault Found (see terms and conditions) unless correct details are available. ‘Doesn't work' or ‘failed' is not an adequate description of the failure.
Return units to our GREELEY facility:
Frontier Engineering LLC
1100 2nd Avenue
GREELEY, CO, 80631
All queries regarding the repair of units should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions - General
Frontier Engineering / RF reserves the right to:
• Refuse a repair under the limited warranty for recurring issues when a solution has been offered and rejected.
• Increase the cost of all repairs, including fixed price repairs as determined by market conditions.
• Require Purchase Orders (PO), for all units (including fixed price repairs) within 2 days of receipt of the unit. No work will commence on any equipment (fixed price or otherwise) without a PO in hand.
• Re-package goods for safe transit back to the customer. If FE packing material is used, a charge of up to but no greater than $200.00 will be added to your invoice. The need to re-package units is at the discretion of FE.
• Charge a receiving and handling fee per unit when the customer requests shipment to a third party.
• Charge an assessment fee of $810.00 for all non-fixed price repairs. This fee will be waived if FE repairs the unit.
• Charge a fee for all units when there is No Fault Found (NFF), regardless of warranty status.
• Delay commencement of work on any unit until a relevant Purchase Order is received. Prior to return of goods, an updated PO for the correct amount will be required. Goods will not be returned until the correct value PO is received.
• For any PO outstanding more than 15 days a weekly storage charge will be payable.
• For any PO outstanding more than 12 weeks, the unit (s) will become forfeit and sold to recover the costs incurred by FE. Any outstanding monies over and above the costs to FE will be returned to the customer via check payment.
• On no account are customers entitled to the intellectual property of FE, including but not limited to written reports detailing our repair process and/or parts used by FE engineers and technicians in the repair of customer equipment. Reports can be requested and provided at FE discretion. Preparation of reports that FE agrees to provide will be charged at a rate of $50.00 per hour.
Terms and Conditions – Pricing, payments and turn-around
• Prices, quotations, specifications and all other statements appearing in Frontier Engineering / RF (FE) advertisements, websites, brochures or otherwise made by FE, are subject to change without notification. FE reserves the right to make alterations to specifications and materials or parts used at any time (unless otherwise agreed) without incurring any obligation to provide the same on items previously repaired or refurbished, or to continue to supply obsolete items.
• Frontier Engineering accepts payment for repairs via check or electronic funds transfer. For sales units we accept payment via check, electronic funds transfer and PayPal.
• Our terms of payment are agreed with each customer individually. Non- adherence to the payment terms will incur penalties.
• The net payment date calendar commences the day the unit leaves our facility (not the day it is received by the customer). We accept no responsibility for the time a unit is in transit. Once it leaves our facility all obligations by FE cease.
• It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure the shipping services used are correct - including but not limited to insurance levels. Insurance requirements MUST be CLEARLY stated on PO's prior to shipment.
• A one-time penalty of 15% will be added to all past due payments. Additionally, any payment outstanding more than 15 days after the due date will begin to accrue late payment penalties at a rate of 1.5% per month (subject to change) or 18% per annum. Such penalties will accrue as of the due date of each invoice. Work in progress, including customer equipment, may be held in abeyance until the account is current.
• The customer grants FE a mechanics lien on any equipment belonging to the customer and left with FE. Any such equipment may be forfeit (after the 12-week period stated above) to offset any balances delinquent more than 12 weeks.
• FE will seek any options available by law to obtain all monies owing. This could include passing your account over to a collection agent or retaining legal counsel. All fees incurred to obtain monies owing will be payable by the defaulter.
• FE offers no guarantee on turn-around time; however, we do advise that repairs will be a minimum of 3 weeks and may be significantly longer for older models, due to the need to acquire parts.
• An expedite fee will be charged for units that require a shorter turn-around time than stated. Expedite fees start at $350.00 and are dependent upon the make and model of the unit. Please ask for a fee quotation if expedite is required.
• FE reserves the right to refuse to repair a unit that is not subject to our warranty conditions.
Terms and Conditions – Shipping
• FE will only use FedEx as a shipping courier. Shipment via any other courier will not be made unless prior agreement is obtained (e.g. for International shipping).
• All shipment costs are to be paid by the customer without exception. FE accept no liability for clerical errors made in relations to shipped goods, including those incurred via the shipping company.
• It is the responsibility of the customer to obtain the correct level of insurance for their goods. Insurance levels MUST be clearly advised on the PO for return shipment. If no insurance level is requested the unit will ship with zero value. FE accepts no liability for un-insured items.
• All items are shipped at customers' risk. Once goods are collected from our facility FE accepts no liability for loss or damage. FE assumes no liability for loss, damage, or consequential damages due to delays. FE is not liable for delays or defaults due to causes beyond our control.
• FE requires all packages in excess of 70 pounds are strapped to a pallet for shipment and items in excess of 150 pounds will require FedEx freight services.
• FE packages all products in compliance with industry standard specifications for prevention of damage. All claims for loss or damage during transit are between the shipping company and the customer, therefore claims must be made by the customer directly to the shipping company.
Advice for claimants:
• At FE we pride ourselves on protecting your products from damage, including the use of specific custom made packing materials. However, despite our best efforts, damage can occur – delivery drivers have accidents and parcels occasionally go missing. In the event of an insurance claim the shipping company will require you:
- To keep the original carton
- Keep all damaged items and packing materials in the original carton
- Returning damaged merchandise without a damage inspection may void your shipping insurance
- The above is general advice, it is the customers' responsibility to check the shipping company terms and conditions and adhere to them.
The customer assumes total responsibility if any of the following are requested and/or occur:
- Shipping without insurance
- Shipping when re-using customers original packing materials
- Receiving merchandise from a customer that demonstrates visible signs
of damage (shipping or otherwise)
Frontier Engineering / RF reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Please ensure you visit our website: www.freng.com for updates. Use of the Frontier Engineering / RF website is for your personal use only. You may not copy, reproduce, publish, distribute, transmit, display, perform, license, transfer, create derivative works from or sell information obtained from the FE website.
Limitation of liability
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL FRONTIER ENGINEERING / RF (FE) BE LIABLE FOR ANY AND ALL INDIRECT, DIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGE TO EQUIPMENT AND DAMAGES RELATED TO DOWN TIME AND/OR PRODUCT LOSS, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, EVEN IF FRONTIER ENGINEERING / RF HAS BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, WHETHER IN AN ACTION UNDER CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR ANY OTHER CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE, INABILITY TO USE AND/OR INTERPRETATION OF THE INFORMATION, SERVICES, PRODUCTS AND MATERIALS AVAILABLE FROM OUR WEB SITE. THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY REGARDLESS OF ANY FAILURE DUE TO MISINTERPRETATION OR INADEQUATE REMEDY.
Our mission at Frontier is to provide unparalleled quality with our services and products. We make it a priority to excel in customer service and to make sure that we identify the best possible solutions for all of your needs.